Australia's premier precision driving troupe, Team D-MAX will appear at the 2017 Penrith Show.
Driving Isuzu D-MAX utes the team will perform a huge range of stunts including formation driving, hi-speed drifting, daring crossovers, two-wheel driving and a 12-metre ramp-to-ramp jump.
Timeline of Australia’s most famous precision driving team
- 1962 – The Canadian Hell Drivers visit Australia. Utilising the Holden EK Special sedan they perform demonstrations of precision driving and daredevil stunts.
- 1964– The Canadian Hell Drivers return to Australia. Sponsored by General Motors Holden they put four EH Holden sedans through their paces.
- 1965 – Inspired by the Canadian Hell Drivers, 19 year old Queenslander, Lloyd Robertson forms Australia’s own precision driving team utilising VW Beetles.
- 1969– General Motors Holden becomes naming rights sponsors of Robertson’s outfit. Driving the HT Monaro the team is named ͞Monaro Precision Driving Team
- 1973 – With the release of the HQ Monaro GTS350 the team upgrade.
- 1978– Olympic Steelflex Tyres becomes tyre sponsor.
- 1979 – Holden Commodore launches. Team begins driving the VB Commodore and is renamed ͞Holden Precision Driving Team͟. Team will go onto drive every model of Commodore released between 1979-1999
- 1981–VC Commodore SS
- 1982–VH Commodore SS HDT.
- 1985– Bridgestone Tyres becomes tyre sponsor. VK Commodore SS
- 1987–VL Commodore SS
- 1989– VN Commodore SS
- 1992–VP Commodore SS
- 1992–VR Commodore SS
- 1996–VS Commodore SS
- 1998–VT Commodore SS becomes the last Commodore driven by the team.
- 1999– Bathurst 1000 is the final performance of the ͞Holden Precision Driving Team͟.
- 2000– Hyundai becomes naming rights sponsor. Driving a front wheel drive Hyundai Sonata the team is named ͞Hyundai Precision Driving Team͟.
- 2003– General Motors Holden returns as naming rights sponsor. Driving VY Holden SS utes the team is named ͞Holden Stormriders,͟ to align with marketing for the Holden Storm ute.
- 2006– Team founder Lloyd Robinson retires and sells the precision driving team to Elite Motorsport Group (EMG).
- 2006-2007 – Product is redeveloped.
- 2008– Toyota becomes naming rights sponsor. Driving V6 Toyota Hilux utes the team is named ͞Toyota Hilux Heroes͟.
- 2013 – Isuzu UTE Australia becomes naming rights sponsor. Driving SX Crew Cab D-MAX utes the team is named ͞Team D-MAX͟. The Isuzu D-MAX becomes the first diesel powered vehicle in the team’s history.
- 2014 – Toyo Tyres becomes tyre sponsor.
- 2017 – Team D-MAX continues..