Penrith District A.H.& I Society Horse Schedule
Merv and Aimee Adams Memorial
Supreme Open and Show Hunter
Horses of the Show
Penrith District A H & I Society Memorial Rug
and $150 Prizemoney for each Supreme.
Ringmaster: Scott Adams – Mobile 0417-669699
Ring 1. Show Hunter Hacks, Open Hacks, Off the Track Series, Adult Riders,
Thoroughbreds, Open Galloways
Ring 2. Show Hunter Galloways, Open Galloways, Senior Riders, Open Ponies
Ring 3. Show Hunter Ponies, Open Ponies, Junior Riders, Open Hacks
Ring 4. Australian Stock Horses ASH, Australian National Saddlehorses ANSA
Ring 1. Warmbloods, Arabian Derivatives Pleasure & Performance Standardbreds
Ring 2. Welsh, Part Welsh
Ring 3. Australian Ponies APSB, Part Bred Australian Ponies APSB Riding Ponies Stud Book RPSB, Australian Saddle Ponies ASPA. Open Harness
Ring 4. Australian Miniature Ponies, Shetlands
Ring 5. Palominos, Pinto, Buckskin, Roan
Ring 6. Heavy Horses
Class Entry: $5.00 / class purchased on day of show only.
Competitors: Vehicles, trucks or trailers with horses competing at the show will be charged $20/vehicle which includes entry for all passengers in that vehicle.
Show Entry: Adult $20.00
Kids 5 – 16 yrs $10.00
Family Ticket $50.00 (2 adults, 4 children max.)
Horse Events Regulations and Definitions:
- “Pony” is not exceeding 14 Hds
“Galloway” is over 14 Hds & not exceeding 15 Hds
“Hack” is over 15 Hds
- “Colt” is 3 yrs & under
“Stallion” is 4 yrs & over
“Filly” is 3 yrs & under
“Mare” is 4 yrs & over
- “Brood Mare” is a Mare with a foal at foot or a Mare who has had a foal and this can be proved by reference to a recognised Stud Book, or a Mare for whom a Pregnancy Certificate can be produced and which must be produced at time of Judging. If mares compete in a brood mare class they are not eligible to compete in the mare class in that section.
- “Stallions” are only eligible for classes stated as such.
- Junior Boy or Girl Rider is 6 yrs & under 12 yrs
Senior Boy or Girl Rider is 12 yrs & under 17 yrs
Adult Rider is 17 yrs & over
- “Novice”- Horse or Rider who has not won a 1st Ribbon in a similar event at a recognised Show.
- “Intermediate”- Horse or Rider who has not won a 1st, 2nd or 3rd Ribbon in a similar event at a Royal Show.
- “Local” – Rider must reside within the Penrith City Council
- Champion Classes are for all Horses and Riders that have won their relevant Classes.
- Horses competing in Show Hunter classes are ineligible for Open Events.
- Horses may compete in only the Adults or Child classes, not both.
- Drug testing may be carried out at this show.
- Any competitor found to have breached the ASC disputes and disciplinary regulations will be investigated by the ASC Disciplinary Committee.
- Warning calls will be made over the loud speaker system but it is the competitor’s sole responsibility to be present on time for their competition.
- Supreme Open Horse of the Show – Any Horse or Pony winning an Open Champion Ribbon is eligible to compete for the Supreme Saddle Horse of the show.
- Supreme Show Hunter Horse of the show. Any Horse or Pony winning a Show Hunter Champion Ribbon is eligible to compete for the Supreme Show Hunter Horse of the show.
- All exhibitions shall take place on the Society’s Ground or where the Committee may appoint. The Committee reserves the right to, at any time, postpone the exhibition or any event thereof in consequence of the inclemency of the weather, or from any other sufficient cause to a date or dates deemed suitable by the Committee and no entrance fee shall be returnable in the event of such postponement. The reasonableness of the cause or causes for postponement shall be decided by the Committee & their judgement shall be conclusive & not open to question by any exhibitor or other person affected by such postponement. Society Rule 31.
- The Committee may abandon any exhibition or any event thereof because of wet weather or for any reason, which may make such a course advisable in the opinion of the Committee. Should the Show or any event be abandoned or cancelled, the exhibitors or entrants shall be entitled to a return of the event entry paid, but no cause of action, liability or obligation shall be maintainable or incurred by the Committee or by the Society by reason of such abandonment or cancellation. Society Rule 32.
- Champions from the morning events are ineligible to compete in the second round of open classes.
- Judge’s decision is final.
- All DPI regulations still applicable at show time will be strictly followed. Property Identification Code (PIC) numbers will be required to be entered before a horse is allowed to compete, these are assigned to individual properties and allocated by Livestock Health and Pest Authorities.
- All exhibits competing in breed classes must be registered with the relevant society.
- Waiver forms must be signed by all competitors/exhibitors and wristbands must be worn to be eligible to compete/exhibit.
- No stabling will be available at this year’s show, due to the ongoing construction of a new stable block.
- Please be advised that members of Club Paceway are entitled to entry for themselves and one guest on each day of the show. Annual membership is available for $11 but you must have applied for membership at least one month prior to the show.